Selecting the correct Landscape Designer-Contractor for your project requires a great deal of consideration. The design of your landscape project will have an impact on every other step of the process. If you are looking to add a walkway, a new driveway, a garden or two, or an Outdoor Living Space, Cleveland, Ohio property owners can find the best Landscape Designer / Contractor by following these simple steps.
When designing your outdoor living space, especially in Cleveland, Ohio it’s important to consider several things. Below is a list of options and considerations that every homeowner should keep in mind. For more information or to request a free quote, contact Baron Landscaping at 216-430-0272. For additional pictures and projects, visit our photo gallery.
Think about the shape and design of your landscape
Before the search for a landscape designer/contractor begins, you should get your own thoughts in order. What is the goal you are attempting to reach in your newly landscaped area? Will it be for relaxing, entertaining friends and family, a showpiece? First we would suggest you start collecting magazines or books. Go look at your neighbors yards/gardens or other neighborhoods and take photos that you can show your landscape designer the style, features and/or the look you going for.
Sketch your own design that you can show Your Outdoor Living Space Expert what you visualize your garden space to look like upon completion. Consider how much area is being devoted to your landscape project and what is the shape of your project.
It will be much easier to find the right strong Landscape Designer/Contractor if you have clear ideas about what you want. You do not want to hire a landscaper who maintains landscapes, but rather a Landscape Designer/Contractor to help you both design and install your landscape.
We would suggest writing a brief synopsis of what you would like the end result to be. It will also make it much easier to compare the different ideas and proposals you will be receiving from contractors proposals. The more you communicate with the Landscape Designer/Contractor , the better the finished product.
Now, consider a focal point
Are you redoing your walkway
Perhaps a Water Feature
Are you looking to incorporate large rocks in your design
Maybe an ornamental tree
Would you like a Fire pit Feature
Next, gather a short list of landscaping design companies.
Once you know what you want, it’s time to look for Landscape Designer/Contractor companies in your area. The best referral could come from your family, friends or neighbors. If you are out and about and see a yard that looks especially nice, you may want to talk to the homeowner and ask them who did their landscaping design. From the list you have compiled, narrow down that down to two or three Landscape Designer/Contractors. After meeting with Landscape Designer/Contractor, you should request a formal bid.
Choose a landscaping contractor or designer
There are many elements that should factor into your final decision about who you hire to do your landscaping design. Cleveland area garden enthusiasts can choose the best landscaping contractor for their needs by considering these factors:
- Team Approach: In some cases the best projects are the result of a “team effort” between the designer and contractor. That may be different people or, if you are lucky enough, the same talented individual. The goal from your Landscape Designer/Contractor is that the end result will not only look good but that is also well-designed and it will stand the test of time and not drain your bank account.
if you are lucky enough, the same talented individual
- Experience and Education: Now that you have your “short list” of Landscape Designer/Contractor, ask them to provide a list of references. Browse their websites and portfolios to see if their design style matches your taste and learn about their education and experience in local landscaping. Keep in mind that each Landscape Design is customized to each customer as their thoughts and personalities will come into the design itself.
- Affiliations and certifications: Ongoing education is very important for experts who design landscaping. Checking the affiliations and certifications of your potential Landscape Designer/Contractor could alleviate any issues down the road.
- Licensing and Bonding: Some cities will require the Landscape Contractor to secure a bond prior to doing your work. Make sure your Landscape Contractor has the appropriate bonds in place prior to the work being started
- Liability insurance: NEVER hire a landscaping contractor who doesn’t have liability insurance. Your landscaping design company should carry at least a minimum of $1,000,000 per person / $2,000,000 per occurrence on their General Liability Insurance. That may seem extreme, but keep in mind that landscaping work can result in costly mistakes, such as the cutting of a utility lines or cutting down a tree which falls on your home. The contractor doing your work should also be able to give you a certificate showing you their liability coverage.
- Cost: Choose a landscape designer who can meet your landscaping budget. Remember however, that cheaper is not always better.
- Trust: A landscaping design project can be a huge investment. Having complete trust in your Landscape Design/Contractor of choice to perform up to your standard should be taken into consideration before you sign on the dotted line. If not, you could end up with a hefty repair project a few years down the road.
You can avoid hiring a Landscape Designer/Contractor in Cleveland, Ohio that leaves you with an uninspired job by following the tips listed above.
Please feel free to contact Baron Landscaping to start the conversation on your Landscape Design and Construction. We will sit down with you, get to know you, and with the help of our professional Cleveland landscape designer, we will work with you and recommend a great layout for your landscaped area. For more information or to request a free quote, contact Baron Landscaping at 216-430-0272. For additional pictures and projects, visit our photo gallery .
Baron Landscaping – Quality, Integrity, Peace of Mind